Wondering what you should do to find the best condo living investment with high profitability or return?
Out of the many factors that you need to consider in investing on a condo property, location is definitely on top of the list. If you choose the right area for your next home or rental, it is likely that your potential investment will meet the other essential points on your list like accessibility and profitability.
Buying a low-priced unit in a great location near Metro Manila’s central business districts (CBDs) and eventually putting up your condo for rent or sale at a higher price makes a profitable condo investment. This attracts professionals and starting families.
Here are the eight best living areas in Metro Manila for your next condo investment. The first step in achieving the best investment is to study the current real estate market in the country to know when and where it’s best to invest.
The status of real estate in the Philippines
One of the important deciding factors in condo investment is the present state of the real estate market. Understanding its present and future effects on your investment can help you determine the return, the perfect timing to invest, and the best locations.
Here are some updates in the local real estate market:
1. Exploring the current real estate market in the Philippines
Data in 2022 shows that the local real estate market significantly contributed to the growth of the Philippine economy, with a gross value added amounting to 536 billion pesos. Statista also presents that the Filipinos’ ability to invest in properties also grew.
By reviewing the current and future trends in real estate, you would be able to make sound decisions that bring more benefits. The key is to avoid what is projected to be challenging and pursue opportunities expected to help maximize your condo investment.
2. Assessing property appreciation potential
A condo that is purchased in the right area and timing has so much potential as the value can increase overtime. The value of properties is constantly rising over the years with a 2.3% expected price increase in 2023. This is influenced by people’s growing demand for property investments, particularly condominiums.
A condo could increase in value if the area becomes further developed into business districts or new modern communities. Likewise, time also contributes to appreciation. A unit purchased before turnover appreciates when it’s ready for occupancy. It could also be up for rent, which increases profitability and return of investment.
3. Exploring the supply and demand for condominiums
Knowing the supply and demand dynamics in real estate helps in making good investment decisions. Figures show that an upward trend in take-up was predicted at the end of 2022 and expected to continue fostering in 2023. Meanwhile, there is a forecast that available units will further increase in 2024.
A high demand could be beneficial if you’re planning to turn your condo into a rental property because more and more people are exploring their residential options.
Having enough knowledge on the current state of the real estate market in the Philippines is only the start of your journey towards securing a good investment, you need to be able to study the best locations, as well.
Best areas in Metro Manila for condo investment
Studying the different locations that will meet your condo living needs or future rental standards should be given utmost importance to secure a good investment. If you or your target market are working in business districts or have a growing family, it is best to choose a place within Metro Manila.
According to the data from the Philippine Statistics Authority, National Capital Region (NCR) has remained as the top region with the highest urbanization rate in 2020. As an urban center of business, commerce, education, and entertainment, Metro Manila is a highly preferred residential area for families and working professionals.
Get to know 8 great locations within the Metro for your next condo investment.
1. Mandaluyong (Highway Hills, Hulo, and Malamig)
Mandaluyong City is home to many of the country's leading shopping malls and some of the developing business districts in the metro like EDSA Central and Pioneer where many BPO (business process outsourcing) offices and various establishments are located.
Given its location in the middle portion of NCR, the city is accessible via Metro Manila's major thoroughfares: EDSA, Ortigas Avenue, and Shaw Boulevard. With this, professionals working in major CBDs like Bonifacio Global City (BGC) and Ortigas, where rent and living costs are constantly increasing, will find a condo for rent in Mandaluyong, a value-for-money option.
You will be able to find practical condo options to purchase or rent in the city, particularly in Highway Hills, Hulo, and Malamig.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Mandaluyong:
- Dansalan Gardens Condominiums- This secure condo community in Malamig is just minutes away from Makati CBD, Ortigas, and Rockwell Center, an ideal place for employees, couples, and Dansalan Gardens features open spaces for kids to play in and a city view for adults to enjoy.
- Tivoli Garden Residences - As it is close to Makati CBD and malls, this community in Hulo is perfect for young professionals, couples, and starting families. Their facilities include utility and convenience stores and a children's daycare center. The resort-like amenities are great for relaxation and family gatherings.
- Flair Towers - Combining resort-like and country club condo living for families, Flair Towers sits in a quiet neighborhood in Highway Hills but is still accessible to EDSA and public transportation.
- Kai Garden Residences - this Zen-inspired condominium offers serene living in the middle of the city. This is a great option for busy people who want to have relaxation and leisure at home.
2. Pasig (Kapitolyo, San Miguel, and Pasig Blvd.)
As a highly urbanized area, Pasig City houses the Ortigas CBD and other growing business districts, shopping centers, and well-known schools. Two notable areas worth considering for condo investment in Pasig are Kapitolyo and San Miguel.
Kapitolyois popular for its wide range of restaurants and food stalls, a place perfect for people who enjoy exploring food trends. Bonus, the area is also close to supermarkets and various establishments like a water spa and is accessible via major roads like EDSA and C5.
San Miguel is also great for a condo investment given that it’s a peaceful neighborhood surrounded by malls and schools, emphasizing optimal living and accessibility.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Pasig:
- Brixton Place - This condo community is just within walking distance of Kapitolyo’s hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Offering a comfortable and relaxing city life, Brixton Place features a panoramic view of Antipolo, BGC, Ortigas, and Makati skylines.
- East Raya Gardens - This Balinese-themed community in San Miguel is great for working professionals as it's close to offices in Pasig, Makati, Quezon City, and Taguig. It is also ideal for families, as it's near schools like the University of Asia and the Pacific and Pasig Catholic College.
- Lumiere Residences - Situated in a highly accessible location, this community is a great option for professionals working in business districts like Ortigas. It also has leisure and recreational spaces for the family.
3. Manila (Sta. Mesa)
Sta. Mesa is ideal for condo investment because of its rich cultural heritage, being one of the oldest districts in Manila. It's near commercial hubs, government offices, and the University Belt, making it a great option for employees, students, and families.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Manila:
- Sorrel Residences - This resort-like community is accessible via public transportation systems and major roads leading to Cubao, Greenhills, and Ortigas. The serenity it offers is perfect for couples or starting families looking for a relaxed environment, as well as young professionals who are always on the go.
- Illumina Residences Manila - Offering resort-like amenities, this property in Sta. Mesa sports a modern minimalist design for a refreshing, uncluttered condo living.
4. Las Piñas
If you want to experience clean and peaceful living in the South, Las Piñas is a great choice of residence or investment.
Known as one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial centers in the region, the city offers plenty of convenient establishments like major malls, restaurants, and banks.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Las Piñas:
- Maricielo Villas - The first Spanish-themed condo community in the city, the captivating Maricielo Villas provides families, students, and young professionals easy access to major roads in Metro Manila such as C5 Extension, Alabang-Zapote Road, and Manila-Cavite Coastal Road. It's only 10 minutes away from NAIA Terminal 1. Landscaped atriums, breezeways, cabanas, and pocket gardens complete the Spanish-inspired condo design.
- Ohana Place - Accessible via Alabang-Zapote Road, this Hawaiian-themed community affords comfort and security for middle-income families who are looking to upgrade their lifestyle.
5. Quezon City (Cubao and New Manila)
Quezon City houses the emerging business districts in Cubao, Diliman, and Libis, where many middle-class employees work and the top universities in the country such as the University of the Philippines and the Ateneo de Manila are located.
It's also the ultimate food, entertainment, and tourism destination teeming with malls, restaurants, and parks. This is why a lot of families look for a condo for rent in the biggest city in Metro Manila.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Quezon City:
- Accolade Place - The Asian boutique condominium is just a stone's throw away from the Araneta Center in Cubao and only minutes away from Greenhills and Ortigas. Its serene ambiance and low-maintenance design makes it a great first home for young professionals or starting families and a retirement haven for empty nesters.
- The Amaryllis - A resort-inspired condominium located at the corner of E. Rodriguez Avenue and 12th street in New Manila. The condominium is just 1 kilometer away from Saint Luke’s Hospital, making it an ideal home for families. It is also easily accessible through public and private transportation.
6. Parañaque (Bicutan and Sucat)
Parañaque City offers many living benefits like inclusive programs and its close proximity to the airport. These make condo living in the south of Metro Manila appealing, especially for OFWs and their families. It’s also ideal formillennials who travel frequently and airport or airlineemployees.
If you are considering an investment in Parañaque, Bicutan and Sucat are the best areas for condo living.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Parañaque:
- Asteria Residences - The resort-style, Asian contemporary-designed mid-rise condo is in a peaceful community yet accessible to major roads in Sucat. Its close proximity to NAIA's domestic passenger terminal makes Asteria Residences perfect for small families who love going on out-of-town vacations.
- Siena Park Residences - A home away from the stressful and congested cities like Makati, but close to many commercial hubs and schools. This mid-rise condo community in Bicutan is perfect for starting families. It's also appealing to frequent travelers, as it's close to NAIA terminals.
- Arista Place - This condo lets you enjoy an authentic Asian tropical themed living, while enjoying the infamous city life at the same time. SM Bicutan, SM Sucat, and NAIA are just a few kilometers away, for the convenience of frequent travelers.
7. Taguig (Fort Bonifacio and along C5)
Taguig offers a unique Probinsyudad living experience, one where residents, whether young individuals or families, can enjoy a combination of modernity and provincial life.
To start condo living in Taguig means having access to outstanding healthcare facilities, shopping malls, international schools, and business opportunities while enjoying various cultural heritage sites, festivals, and natural and scenic attractions.
As it houses Bonifacio Global City (BGC) where the offices of many local and international companies are located, living within the city will be beneficial to working professionals.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Taguig:
- Bonifacio Heights Condominium - situated within BGC and the historic fort Bonifacio, this community offers a unique living environment as it is near shopping malls, schools, and St. Luke’s BGC. It also has its own basketball court and clubhouse which can be enjoyed by families or groups of friends.
- Cypress Towers - as part of the Acacia Estates, this contemporary condo community is within a peaceful area with the necessary amenities and establishments. It is also close to the Taguig City Hall, Taguig Medical Center, and other businesses like banks, veterinary clinics, and beauty salons.
8. Makati (Guadalupe and Chino Roces)
Known for its ever-growing business district, Makati is an ideal place of residence for young professionals and growing families alike. It is home to big shopping malls, museums, and parks that are enjoyable for the whole family.
There are also various modes of transportation to and from Makati like Point to Point buses that travel through different cities like Taguig and Quezon City. This makes Makati a great place for office employees.
Recommended DMCI properties for condo investment in Makati:
- Brio Tower - this Asian Contemporary themed condo is strategically located along EDSA-Guadalupe. It is close to Rockwell, BGC, and Ortigas, making it a preferable option for employees or those with busy lifestyles.
- Fortis Residences - this upcoming exquisite community along Chino Roces Avenue is a highly accessible residential option. This high-rise property will have a modern-contemporary design with complete amenities ranging from fitness areas to lounges.
In choosing the best location for your next condo investment, it is important to also pick a trusted property developer so you can maximize your investment.
Choose DMCI Homes for your condo investment
With the emergence of many condo communities in the Metro, you need to choose one that has excellent features, good maintenance, and well-established condo living guidelines like DMCI Homes.
DMCI Homes offers a wide range of condo types, themes and sizes for varying lifestyles. Their properties are also present in almost every city in Metro Manila, so you have plenty to choose from. Practicality, accessibility, and convenience are part of DMCI Homes’ priorities for its residents, so you are guaranteed a good investment.
Do you want to relax, unwind, and stay fit within your home? DMCI Homes has got you covered with its various amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools, events places, gardens, and playgrounds. DMCI Homes properties are also surrounded by grocery stores, restaurants, and other utility establishments.
With DMCI Homes, you can experience living in a healthy community where you are heard and valued. There are communities where you can discover more and share about how to navigate the realities in condo living with your fellow residents.
After a careful review of the factors affecting your potential condo investment and the best areas for properties within Metro Manila, here are some pointers to guide you in the succeeding steps of the process:
- Study the present condition of the local real estate market. Knowing the current real estate trends and property supply and demand will help you identify the right time and place to invest in a condo. It is also important to identify the needs and wants of your target market to increase the profitability of your investment.
- Find the right location for a profitable condo investment. Purchase a condo in the best areas in Metro Manila to secure high investment return. It can also open other business opportunities, such as rental or leasing, most especially in developing areas or those near business districts.
- Choose a property that has high value and values you. Invest in a condo by an established developer like DMCI Homes. It offers a wide variety of property options to meet varying living needs.
If you want to know more about how to find the perfect condo investment for you, you may reach out to us. We’ll help you achieve the best investment by presenting the wide range of DMCI Homes Leasing condo options.